Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Open Me! Open.... Me.... OPEN ME!

This is what this one SPAM in my SPAM folder is saying. It is obviously SPAM and probably full of gibberish or selling me penis enlargement or "glass dildos, appropriate gifts for any occasion." I'm not making that last one up. Hey, I'm going to a baby shower this weekend...

Anyway, the subject of this message is "Crown Slide Rule." The science nerd in me really, really wants to open it just on principle. And I can't delete it. I'm sure there's nothing harmful in it, but... Okay, maybe Ryan is the only one who'd appreciate this.

Update: he peed in my cornflakes just now and said it's probably something about watches. So I opened it. And it was. Waa-waa. It was much more fun thinking about the Royal Society of Nerds or something. Or at the very least some gorgeous Murano glass sex toys!


Update II: I forgot to mention the message with the subject "Pi" that I have still not yet deleted. Just gibberish in the message.


5 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

See, and I had no idea it would even be about watches. I guess I don't get many of those. I can recognize a sex toy spam a mile away though. Get plenty of that stuff. :)

Oliver Dale said...

Seems like a good reason to switch to Rice Krispies.

Grant-Will-Rant said...

Boo! I never get sex spam. Mine are always someone claiming to be a rich foreigner who wants to store his/her money in my bank account. If only it were true.

Kelli in the Mirror said...

I got one today that made me laugh. "Delivery Status Notification Failure", trying to lure me in to see why the message I supposedly sent to "addthreeinches" didn't get mailed.

Whatever.

Kate said...

Haha! I apparently sent a message to 550 hummelnut and he wasn't accepting mail. What a snob. :)