Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What's your personality type?

Here's some more fun. I've actually taken the official, long form of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. I'm not a huge fan of personality tests-- ultimately, a little too touchy-feely for me. But I was always impressed with how accurate the description is of me. Even down to my more negative and less desirable traits. When I was a teenager, I resented them, but I'm okay with my flaws now. Well, more okay with them than I used to be! :)

I definitely agree with my #1 match. Ryan is more like the second. My mom once wondered if we'd be good for each other being so similar. Since neither of us crave excitement in the same way she does, being comfortable is okay with both of us.


Your #1 Match: INTJ


The Scientist

You have a head for ideas - and you are good at improving systems.
Logical and strategic, you prefer for everything in your life to be organized.
You tend to be a bit skeptical. You're both critical of yourself and of others.
Independent and stubborn, you tend to only befriend those who are a lot like you.

You would make an excellent scientist, engineer, or programmer.

Your #2 Match: INTP


The Thinker

You are analytical and logical - and on a quest to learn everything you can.
Smart and complex, you always love a new intellectual challenge.
Your biggest pet peeve is people who slow you down with trivial chit chat.
A quiet maverick, you tend to ignore rules and authority whenever you feel like it.

You would make an excellent mathematician, programmer, or professor.

Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.
So, basically, I'm critical and pig-headed and anti-social. True, true, true.

5 comments:

dmd said...

I am also INTJ, no matter how I try to switch up the answers when I take it. Hmmm...scientist? I have to say that I am seriously reconsidering the teaching thing. I almost asked for an application at Fuddruckers today.

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Last time I took it I was ESTJ. That's usually how it turns out, except when I had to take it in high school when we first moved to Texas and I was angry at everyone- then I turned out INFP. Nothing like me, just the opposite of how I usually answer. :)

Moses said...

Where your big chronical picture?
I expected to see it here already!

Moses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Moses said...

pic here

Maybe this will show it

Here's the article for her fans!