Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hey Kelli!

Guess what was on our sliding glass door in the back? Where we come in? That I. Have. To. Touch! I made Ryan open the door. And ran in while holding my arms close to my body. And shivered and squealed and generally made a fool of myself. If we had one, I would have stood on a chair.

I can barely bring myself to tell the story of our holiday in a "caravan" in Wales where Kelli and I shared what was probably a twin bed in a room maybe four feet across and when we pressed up against the window we saw. a. SLUG! INSIDE THE WINDOW. Three inches from our bed. We ran out screaming and my little sister and her friend ran out of their cupboard, I mean room, and started screaming and my mom and older sister started screaming. And perhaps the scariest part of the story is that no one in the main house heard six women screaming their lungs out like someone was being murdered.

So, which one of us has the picture of you with the hoe killing a slug? It needs to be posted!

I hope I can sleep tonight. Seriously.

4 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Time has not diminished the panic of this experience. No matter that it was 1991. I love that even your mother stood on the chair and screamed with us.

And I do have the picture. I only sort of know where it is. I'll work on unearthing it. It's in the yellow room closet somewhere, which ought to tell you something.

Grant-Will-Rant said...

That's a hilarious visual: A woman and two girls standing on chairs as a slug makes its violent trek across the caravan window :)

"Here it comes! Here it comes!"

--three hours later--

"It's still coming!!"

Kelli in the Mirror said...

It was actually a woman and FIVE girls, us, Kate's mom and two sisters, and a friend. And we were all absolutely hysterical.

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Oh Dear. Had my own slug experience last night. I'll post about it soon. shudder.