Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bad Idea Jeans

Ryan got this email today from USAFit, the national running group that he's a part of--technically a local chapter or whatever. Anyway...

"USAFit develops PetFit"

USA FIT began its running and walking program 16 years ago. In the last few years, we have added Eat Fit, a nutrition program. Now we are developing a new program, called "Pet Fit," for people who want to exercise with their dogs. We are looking for someone to help us plan, launch and manage a pilot program in Houston for Pet Fit. This is not a full time position, and payment would be partly tied to the success of the program.

Okay, let's talk about my dog and exercise and the word "successful." Highly unlikely. She loves to run. She is healthy and big enough to keep up with Ryan. She is, however, even more ADD than he is. She's running and running, la la la, SQUIRREL! And she tears your arm out of the socket as she tries to catch and eat the squirrel. At those moments, she is single-minded and no leash or pinch-collar can deter her. Heck, she doesn't even realize they exist.



Momma, I want to go running, too!

3 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

So is Ryan going to try it anyway? I'd be a little thrown by the idea that pay is tied to success. "Sorry, sir, we would have paid you big bucks, but then your dumb dog ran off after that squirrel...."

Tim said...

Yeah, I think the only reason I can run with Lucy is that she has to stay completely focused on running to keep up with me. If I give her a lot of leash she'll put on a burst of speed, run ahead and start sniffing something. Dogs pretend they want to run, but let's be honest they just want to get outside and sniff poo. But Lucy still gives me the evil eye everytime I leave without her, even though she ends up coming home looking like I've been torturing her.

Zolafan said...

I just wanted to say, "Hi Tillie! Hi pretty girl!"