Sunday, August 27, 2006

Friday Night Flicks Results!

So, I think the conclusion that must be reached is that Ryan and I have these movies on in almost constant rotation and the rest of you don't. You must have lives and/or small and impressionable people around. Here are the results:

The theme: Bond, James Bond

I gave a point to everyone who showed up, as usual. I also decided to give a point to everyone who guessed the theme, extra to mamachristy for being first and also to ksl for pointing out that it was Sean Connery's birthday. And his real name is Thomas? Super cool!

1. Sean Connery in Goldfinger. He is speaking about Pussy Galore, or as he calls her, Poo-sy. Points to dmd.

2. Blofeld to Kleb in From Russia with Love. If I remember, the creepy guy had just been killed for failure. Kleb is the one who inspited Frau Farbissina. Points to dmd.

3. George Lazenby as Bond in On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Although he was the worst casting choice, the movie itself was good, especially the part where he falls in love with and marries Tracy, played by the lovely Diana Rigg. This line was the last in the movie, as she has been shot and killed on the way from their wedding. It's a gorgeous song and would be great for a wedding if you hadn't seen the movie. According to Wikipedia, it is very popular in the UK. No points.

4. Pierce Brosnan and Rosamund Park in Die Another Day. Points to mamachristy.

5. Sean Connery again in Diamonds Are Forever. He says it to Tiffany Case at the beginning when she's walking around in this little peignoir to die for. And some fabulous wigs. The other memorable line from this scene was:
James: Weren't you a blonde when I came in?
Tiffany: Could be.
Points to Carrie for knowing it was Bond.

6. Timothy Dalton and Maryam d'Abo in The Living Daylights. Her response is "Except this cello....." Can I give KEP a point for her funny response?

7. Roger Moore in The Spy Who Loved Me. Points to mamachristy and dmd.

8. James Villiers as Bill Tanner in For Your Eyes Only. One of our favorite lines around here because of the guy's goofy voice/accent. No points.

9. Louis Jourdan as Kamal Khan in Octopussy. No points.

10. The photographer at the restaurant in Dr. No. Another goofy line. No points.

Incidentally, I ran all of these by Ryan and he got them all, so I figured it wouldn't be ridiculously hard. I guess I underestimated our love of all things Bond.


Here are the points for this week, if KEP approves of my scoring system:

mamachristy: 4 points
kep: 2 points
rooney: 1 point
dmd: 5 points
ksl: 3 points
jay: 2 points
zolafan: 2 points (yeah, you're not supposed to look them up, but I'll overlook that since I forgot to send you the rules)
beth: 1 point
carrie: 2 points
grant: 1 point

Thanks for playing!

5 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Thanks for hosting! I clearly need to refresh myself on Bond movies. :) I think there are a lot of them I've never even seen. Scandalous, right?

dmd said...

Her Majesty's Secret Service is the weirdest movie. I mean, Bond can't get married!!! And especially not UGLY BOND! The only other thing I remember from that one is some skiing.

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Well, that's why she dies. Marriage and Bond are not compatible.

Zolafan said...

good thing I didn't post any of those answers I got off the net, then.

And of course Rosa Kleb was played by the late, great Lotte Lenya. Too bad they couldn't have found a way for her to do any Kurt Weill songs...

Surprised no mention of Robert Shaw's character in that flick, aka Ryan S....

Manic Mom said...

Manic Chocolate has been mailed! xo