Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Raisin Toe No More

After school got out I was in my classroom grading papers and I kicked my shoes off and noticed that my toenail felt weird. The one I tried to tear off in April and that has seen been known as Raisin Toe, thanks to Danielle... The old, thick part was really loose and looked like it was going to tear off. I managed to keep it on until I got back from Target where I bought some more bandaging supplies.

I showed Ryan my wounds and I had planned to bathe and wait until it got waterlogged and soft before trying to tear it off, but it came off by itself. There is some baby nail there and it's not particularly even, but it looks healthy and not nearly as embarassing. no kids are going to shout about my brown toenail anymore. It will still be some time before I can get a pedicure again, but since I usually do it three or four times a year, that's okay.

Here are some photos I took with my iSight camera. Kind of awkward trying to twist my foot around. Ryan pointed out he could take a picture with the camera. Nah. Plus, I already had these beauties. In addition to my lovely bunion (thanks mom & dad), you can also see the fire ant scars from Monday. They still hurt like crazy.

Oh, and my skin really is that color. Kind of like skim milk.



On a related note (my spaciness), I forgot to turn the burner on the stove off when I finished making dinner a few hours ago. Thankfully, Ryan comes along after me to make sure the house doesn't burn down. Maybe I would have smelled gas...

BTW, I fully intend to bandage the baby nail at least tomorrow to keep it from getting dirty. And that will involve wearing flip-flops! See, I just wanna be like dmd.

2 comments:

dmd said...

COPY-KATE!!! I'll have you know that I went to bed an hour ago but an now up because the tootsies are in ungodly pain. I think the left one is becoming infected, as it actually aches with a sharp pain that goes all the way up my calf. Oh, and I fogot to pick up bandages tonight so I will have to do it on the way to work tomorrow. Fear not. I still out-puss and out-bunion you! But congrats on no more Raisin Toe! Will there be a funeral service?

Zolafan said...

whew, one more thing to be grateful for. trying to remember if I destroyed just one or was it two toenails during my first Houston Marathon in '94. Somehow had missed the advice to make sure your toenails are clipped before banging your toes against your shoes for 26.2 mi...