Monday, October 02, 2006

50 Random Things About Me

1. How tall are you barefoot? I'm 5'9". Mostly. I am close, though, but not quite there. In my own defense, if asked I will say that I'm 5'9" in shoes. Flat shoes. And nearly 6' in some heels.

2. Have you ever been unfaithful in a relationship?
I once danced very, very close to a boy when I was dating another one.

3. Do you own a gun? NO ONE would be stupid enough to sell me a gun, not even the president of NRA. I am a walking advertisement for gun control.

4. Have you had a mental disorder? Had? Anyone who frequents this blog knows the answer to that one. Incidentally, my shrink appointment is finally in a few weeks.

5. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Am I boring if I say they're both black, even though the king of furniture refinishing made my writing desk a beautiful brown?

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I might sell Ryan for an all-beef dog with ketchup and yellow mustard. I don't know if I would like going to baseball games as much without them. I lived in Jersey as a kid, okay?

7. What's your favorite Christmas song?
I have to be honest--White Christmas because I am the biggest cheeseball alive. 8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Milk. Followed by latte, chai, orange juice...

9. Do you do push-ups? Hell, no! That's what swimming is for.

10. Have you ever done ecstasy? Hell, no.

11. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? I still think of Ryan as my boyfriend although he "made an honest woman of me" about a year and a half ago. ;)

12. Do you like the rain? Yes! One of my favorite things about my new classroom is being able to see it in all its glory. Once I actually left the door open so we could see it better. I am deathly afraid of flooding, though, when I'm in my car.

13. Are you sweet? Depends on the day, hour, moment...

14. Do you have A.D.D.?
Hey, I don't have that!

15. Full initials?
K.M.T.S

16. Do you like the snow?
Love, love, love it and miss it terribly. I hated shoveling like poison and once had to do it at least once a day for a few months in a row. But I love how quiet it makes everything. 17. Name 4 thoughts at this exact moment. Is it too early to start drinking wine? How long can I avoid preparing for school tomorrow? Can I watch TV, blog, and read at the same time and if not, which one(s) should I do? Where's the dog?

18. Name the last 3 things you have bought in the past week:
This is a good one. We went to the outlet malls in San Marcos this morning and bought some sweaters and more of those Kate Spade bookmarks I love. Then we went to the Salt Lick and got plates with sausage, brisket, and ribs, vinegary coleslaw and potato salad, bread, pickles, and beans. I'm surprised we didn't fall into comas on the way home. Okay, I did, so it was a good thing Ryan was driving.

19. Have you ever been arrested?
No.

20. What time did you wake up today?
Some time around 8. Julie brought Stella in so I could play with her for a while. My bff very early on discovered that sweet babies are the only thing that can get me out of bed before noon voluntarily.

21. Can you spell?
Sometimes. Well, I'm a much better speller than typist.

23. Current hate? Stupid, unprofessional people.

24. Favorite place to be?
Home. With Ryan.

25. Least favorite place to be?
Dept. head's classroom. Unfortunately, I have to spend an hour there twice a week.

26. Where would you like to go?
Europe.

27. Do you own slippers?
Not anymore. I finally threw out the ones I used to wear while shuffling around the dorm. And then wore at the job where I worked 80 hrs. a week.

28. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs?
Wow, I'll be 42. Maybe there will be little one(s), maybe not. Maybe a new house, or this one, upgraded. And who knows about the job thing.

29. Do you burn or tan? Burn badly then tan darkly. Since I've had some serious burns in my life and some scary moles, I now stay out of the sun and have nearly translucent skin. In my early teens I spent about half the year brown as a nut...
30. Yellow or blue? Blue is better than yellow in general, although a warm, buttery yellow is always good and makes me happy. In fact, our everyday dishes are yellow with blue and we're going to paint our walls buttery yellow.
31. Would you be a pirate? Nah, but I love the Pie Rats
32. When was the last time your phone rang? Two nights ago my brother called to ask Ryan about car batteries.

33. What songs do you sing in the shower? Usually whatever we've been singing in choir. Or whatever dumb madrigal song we've been practicing. Or one of the science songs. Zoom a little zoom in a rocket ship... off we go, on a trip... because there is no fric-tion.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
The witch who lived under my bed. She had long cold fingers that could reach out and grab me from under the dust ruffle. Sometimes I would stand on my bed and jump onto the floor as far away as possible so she couldn't grab me on my way to the bathroom. Unfortunately, she also used to hang out in the hall and Native Amercians would come in the bathroom window. Also, I used to lie in bed afraid that Ronald Reagan would push the red button and fire the nukes and the Soviet Union would retaliate and... My childhood bedroom was a scary, scary place.

35. What's in your pockets right now? Nothing. I hate the fact that women's clothing has pockets. As if I need help adding lumpiness to my butt.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? Ryan being silly. Sending me a picture of our eye doctor since we love her...

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
Yellow and white checks. Cotton and cool in the summer. I also like the Little Orphan Annie ones (cartoon, pre-musical/movie)

38. Worst injury you've ever had?
Unless the carbon tetrachloride I was distilling and poured all over me harmed me somehow (it's highly carcinogenic), the worst injury I can think of is when a 32" TV monitor fell out of the ceiling and crashed onto my shoulder and arm.

39. Have you ever crashed a car/truck? An old lady ran into my car and drove off, then when I was driving a rental car, I ran into my sister's fence. That was a bad week.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
3. One in each bedroom and one in the living room. Funny since I grew up with one tiny black and white that we stored in the closet in between viewings.

41. Would you ever buy an iguana?
No. I don't believe in buying pets.

42. Are you attracted to your same sex?
If you count those women who are just beautiful and you have to be dead not be attracted to them. And our eye doctor. :)

44. Do you wish on stars?
Sometimes. Seriously. I mean, I actually do it, but I'm not serious about it.

45. What is your favorite book? Yes.

46. What song did you last hear?
I can't remember. Ryan was scanning through radio stations as we were driving through the Hill Country.

47. Do you think Mormons are hot?
Have you been to Utah in the summer?

48. What is your favorite cereal?
yogurt covered Cheerios

49. What were you doing at midnight last night?
I think I was still talking with Tim &
Julie & Ryan


50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
Yay, Stella!

4 comments:

dmd said...

I had no idea you tanned that well. I did suspect that your organs could tan as the sun passes through your skin.
Still love me too?

Moses said...

Number Forty Three

WHERE IS 43?

Zolafan said...

so, i played, check it out...

and where the hell IS #43?!?

Carrie said...

i am so there with you on the back pocket lumpy-buttedness. sometimes i just wanna rip them out...