Monday, October 02, 2006

Hey Ollie, vomit-inducing post alert!

Two weekends ago we went to a concert that Mercury Baroque did at the Miller Outdoor Theater. We helped pass out programs and provided an illusion of security. Mostly I wandered back and forth from my post to anyone I could see to possibly talk to because I was so bored. Until the concert. They did their 8 Seasons.

I didn't know that there were sonnets that went with Vivaldi's 4 Seasons. We had Jonathan play the Largo from Winter at our wedding. In fact, that's what my bff and I walked down the aisle to. I loved the music and hoped it wasn't inappropriate in some way. But it turns out that it was beyond perfect:

"To rest contentedly by the hearth,
while those outside are drenched by pouring rain."

Not so much in the sense of everyone else being miserable, but more that we were once in the rain and are now resting contentedly together.

1 comment:

Oliver Dale said...

Ha! Thanks for the heads-up :)

*barf*