Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A new urban legend?

You know the one where the person wakes up and they've been drugged and some nefarious underworld backstreet butcher has sawed them open and stolen one of their kidneys? Well, apparently, I am a victim of a related crime. Someone, unbeknownst to me, has at some point drugged me and surgically removed my sense of humor.

Not convinced? Read my last few posts. Not the one about candy. Candy is always good. But getting pissed because teenagers can't put books into a bookshelf in a way that would make Monk happy? Some kid's ghetto aunt yelled at me? They're all chewing gum (which is verbotten) so loudly it sounds like bacon frying? So what? WTF is wrong with me? I am hoping the new meds will help, but I'm afraid that I am screwed because my entire sense of humor is GONE.

So, you'll be the person who knows the person who it really happened to...

5 comments:

Karitown said...

Maybe it's being back to school with unruly students. I used to teach high school English, so I know what it's like. Now, I stay home with my own unruly bunch. Not sure which is worse;))) Hang in there.

Kelli in the Mirror said...

I think as long as you still have a sense of humor on the weekends and with stuff not related to school, you're fine. You have to lose your humor with the kids in order to be strict. i never could do it.

Carrie said...

it's not you. after a while, they really cease to be funny.

Ann Marie said...

sorry you're feeling down... I hope the pie jesu today made you feel better, it certainly was the highlight of my day! And look, I found your website again!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember you being humorless when we saw you. :) Don't be too hard on yourself.
-blog newbie "Grommit"