Wednesday, November 08, 2006

At the end of a very good or very bad day, some news everyone can get behind

For the record, we busted open a bottle of prosecco at Chez Katie-Kat. That said, I kept things to myself at work. Although a friend and I were in the office and someone was crowing, "Donald Rumsfeld resigned and we won the Senate!" Here's what I've learned-- keep religion and politics out of the work setting. The friend I was with does not associate with the "we" that the other person was referring to. Awkward... for the person crowing. There's a time and place for all of that. Just not around people you have to work with.

Stephen Colbert's "The WORD" segment from tonight will make you pee, no matter what your political affiliation. Words, words, words. I love words! Seriously, watch it!

So, anyway, Democrats, this will keep you grounded, Republicans, this will console you, and all y'all in the middle will just plain rejoice...

The other night they were showing teasers for
The Late Show with David Letterman. Britney Spears "surprised" Dave by "stopping by." I saw her and my antenae immediately went up. Slim, trim, and mostly tellingly, sporting, a new, sleek and short hairstyle. I turned to Ryan and said, in a word, DIVORCE. For those of you who don't yet have a copy of the Field Guide to Girls, a drastic haircut is a sign of a drastic relationship change. As in, I kicked K-Fed to the curb, then I visited my stylist. And the next day, what did they announce? Now, I did crow about that. In public. I was right! I was right!

Drastic hairdo change=divorce


It's simple math, people. And we can all agree with that-- no matter which side of the aisle we're on.

4 comments:

Julie said...

As someone who has gotten drastic haircuts a few times in her life, I think it generally equals life-change, not necessarily divorce. I got my hair cut super-short after I didn't make the BFA program at UT, after I got married, and right after I found out I was pregnant. But through all this my relationship was A-Ok.

FUNKYBROWNCHICK said...

CUTE post! :)

By the way ... I've never even heard of this "Field Guide to Girls". Hmmm ... I should definitely check that one out.

Zolafan said...

so yeah, I was going to mention something to you this evening at the performance about how your hair looked different...:) well, at least it wasn't shorter!

Kate said...

Julie's right about that-- it is more than just the demise of a relationship that makes us cut our hair. I lopped about 10 inches off mine about a month after our wedding and I was quite pleased about us. I was in the midst of a serious professional change, though...

And Donald, my hair was different than normal last night. Mainly I did more than wash, brush, and put into ponytail. Hot rollers, even. :)