Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Happy news

My friend is supposed to come home from the hospital tomorrow. She had to have surgery, but it looks like that finally did the trick. She's still going to be on antibiotics, but... Boy, that will put my idiotic grumpiness in perspective.

And in related news, since everyone else is bringing food, we're going to go over and babysit tomorrow. :) Yay! Uncle Ryan is especially excited. He's never really been around newborns and he is smitten with this one. He loves his nieces and nephews, but this is something different. It reminds me a lot of how I felt when Gilly was born. You expect to love family, but there is a really special bond you have with the child of your old and dear friends. And I suppose that in this case, Ryan is able to pour all of the love and concern he has for his friend into his child. And don't get me started on how it makes my heart melt to see him with the little bundle snuggled onto his chest after he's fed her and cuddled and actually cooed to her. Sigh. We're still not ready, I still have a wicked temper...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful news about your friend! So glad to hear she's coming home.