Saturday, November 18, 2006

Our favorite little people

It's been kind of a rough week for our friends with the new baby. Mom finally came home from the hospital and that very day Baby was admitted for an infection. She had surgery that day, and has improved steadily. They're hoping she'll get to come home Monday. In the meantime, friends and family are taking turns being with her in the hospital. Ryan was there for a few hours Friday morning and I went after school. She's a doll and seems to be tolerating everything that's happened to her and still wearing the IV strapped to her arm, etc. Sigh. Ryan says she really likes his patent-pending football hold, though.

Some happier news is that we get to spend a week with Stella. I can't wait!


Slightly harder is the fact that I haven't had a chance to go see my bff in forever. I had wanted to go for the Holiday Extravaganza this weekend, but I am Can-Tor tomorrow at 11 and we have to get ready for the trip. Plus, all the baby care. Every time I see a new picture of her baby, she is bigger and it makes me sad to be so far away. When are y'all building that bullet train? Huh? huh?

2 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

We do miss you. And yes, she is huge. But so will I be the next time you see me, and that will be fun. :) I hope you have a fabulous time with the lovely Stella and maybe you can come see us over Christmas break?
Keep us posted on small baby.

Manic Mom said...

she is such a cute baby!