Thursday, November 09, 2006

Please Pray

My friend who had a baby two weeks ago is in the hospital with an infection. I'm sure she's going to be fine, but it's frightening and I feel so bad for her husband. She's been sick for about a week. So, without blabbing her medical detail all over the internet (not that we know much), please pray for her.

And if any of you guys with little ones can offer some advice to us (because it's all about us, after all), we'd appreciate it. We want to be there for them, but we don't want to get in the way. Fetching food or whatever is something we can handle. We'd be willing to babysit, but since the baby is only two weeks old, grandma lives in town, and we're amateurs, I'm thinking that might be more stressful for them.

Argh! There's something deep inside me that wants to make a pie for them. I did realize that I do have a packet of Homemade Gourmet Mini Pecan Pie Muffins that I've been hiding. I do believe this is a perfect opportunity to make them. I'll see how she's feeling tomorrow and if she's allowed to eat delicious mini muffins.

Update: we did just go and ferry the little one's dinner from the ER to home where she's asleep in the swing, thankfully. I feel ridiculously happy we could do that for them. And we offered to do it again if it's necessary later in the evening since we are such insomniacs.

3 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

At least the baby can't run away or tell you no. :) Babysitting a tiny one is easy. I'm sure they're just glad to know you're willing to do whatever's necessary.

Praying.

Julie said...

How awful! What you are doing is wonderful. I'd suggest bringing food, groceries, even offering to come over and do their dishes or clean house. And you may have to be a little more forceful, like, "I'm doing this for you, when is convenient?" because in our society we have problems accepting help. I hope your friend gets well soon, she'll be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

You're a good friend. Prayers going up for your friend and her family. Here's to a speedy recovery!