Saturday, January 27, 2007

Feeling better

Because I am a copycat and I wanted to be like Ryan and Danielle or maybe because I have spent time with those same germ spewers, I was getting really sick on Thursday. I spent the entire day in a fog. I was dizzy and freezing even though my classroom got up to 80 degrees by the end of the day. That night, I took some NightTime Alka-Seltzer and fell asleep by about 10.

I woke up the next morning and felt a lot better. I had a training scheduled at school but it didn't start until after first period. My class had a sub and they didn't have coverage for some classes (due at least in part to one teacher who had walked off the job because of a lack of bonus), so I offered to cover one. It was a class with sophomores, some of whom I knew. They had been unattended for about 15 minutes, but they were quietly at work on the assignment and they told me that they had already taken attendance. Actually, my friend from my old school, The Human Vending Machine was the one who told me that. Seems that the new school and year's worth of growth have turned her into a pretty good kid. Once I got over the shock, I was pleased for her.

I did have a fun interaction with a kid regarding a cell phone. He tried to weasel his way out of it by going to fetch his counselor and saying the sub didn't know the rules. Ha! Not only am I not a sub, but chances are I'll be your chemistry teacher next year. And he did admit that he'd pulled the phone out to show his friend the screens.

Last night Ryan and I went to Chuy's. Yum. I refrained from lapping the creamy jalapeno dip out of the little bowl. The margarita was tasty as was my salad and the bite of beans I had off of Ryan's plate. We were home before 7 and in bed by 10 because we are 87 years old.

The alarm went off this morning at 7:30 and I kept reminding myself that it was 2 hours later than normal. I was up and at the club about 2 minutes after it opened. I did 45 minutes of cardio, watching cartoons and CNN. Then I swam in the pool for 45 minutes. I got there before 9 and since it was overcast, it was dark there and all lit up underwater with the pool lights and quiet. That was worth getting up early. There was only one other person in the pool and it wasn't too crowded even by the time I left. I still have that feeling where your chest is all sore and tired. I love it. Seriously, I must be part fish.

Ah, Saturday...

1 comment:

Oliver said...

Sounds lovely! Well, everything after the part where you're sick. That part was decidedly unlovely.