Monday, February 26, 2007

How many days until Spring Break?

Way too many! I am so tired and burned out. I am supposed to be putting together notes for tomorrow and I just can't bring myself to do it. I could just have them continue working on the lab from today that they didn't finish because I stacked the groups so all the lazy cheaters would be in one group. Boy was that fun. They all just sit there waiting for someone to do the work for them, completely empty desktop in front of them. No periodic table, nothing to write with, vacant expression on their faces. And then shouting at me that I am a bad teacher for not teaching them. Hmm, Lewis structures in chemistry class? You covered it in IPC and probably the last time you took this class and didn't pass it, not to mention last semester and the last few weeks.

I am starting to think that instead of checking IDs or whatever at the door when they come in, I'm going to check periodic tables. They do not begin to understand that you HAVE TO have a periodic table to pass chemistry. NO ONE can pass without it. And if you ask me for help without having it out, I am just going to walk away. And no, 15 minutes into the period isn't soon enough to have it out.

Did I mention that it's really time for Spring Break? 9 more instructional days, counting the two we'll have Stanford testing in the mornings.

2 comments:

AMR said...

The Dessert Gallery (off Kirby, behind Cafe Express) has a periodic table of desserts in the women's bathroom. It's really worth checking out! They actually put all the desserts' names in Latin :)

Loni said...

Hang in there. I know you can do it!

Email me with your address so I can send you the love languages. :)