Saturday, March 03, 2007

I am the walrus

We were in some social setting recently and I mentioned the guy who sometimes swims at the club on Saturday mornings. He's an amazing swimmer and you could just sit and watch him move. I dubbed him "The Dolphin."

I was wondering this morning if that makes my husband sad. He knows I'm not intersted and heaven knows, the dolphin doesn't even see me. But does that comparison make him sad? Does he think that he's not the sleek and fast dolphin? Does it make him feel like a manatee in comparison? If you've heard Jim Gaffigan's act (like we did last week), he has this whole "I'm the manatee" routine. Hysterical. Anyway, I was thinking what he is. No sea creature. Something with its feet firmly on the land. Like a gorgeous, strong, horse. I suppose it's natural I would think of something strong and gentle that runs. :)

Now, I did realize that I feel a lot like some clumsy sea creature. I'm the manatee. But I'm the manatee who swam for 45 minutes straight this morning again after doing 40 minutes on the cardio machines. And I feel good and tired and dare I say it, calm. Considering the week I had, that's saying a lot.

And all this babbling is just what I'm doing until The Boy makes his debut on the internets. Really, it's hard to focus on anything else right now.

1 comment:

zydeco fish said...

Anything that swims is graceful, as far as I'm concerned. I'd be more worried being called something like an elephant or an ox.