Thursday, April 26, 2007

My accent

What a shock for the girl who was born and went to college in the middle of that mitten. Although I might not be completely honest about my tendencies to slip into anything local. I do say y'all from time to time. But I probably won't ever completely lose the way I say bag (bayg) because it tickles Ryan so much.

What American accent do you have?
Created by Xavier on Memegen.net

Northern. Whether you have the world famous Inland North accent of the Great Lakes area, or the radio-friendly sound of upstate NY and western New England, your accent is what used to set the standard for American English pronunciation (not much anymore now that the Inland North sounds like it does).

Take this quiz now - it's easy!
We're going to start with "cot" and "caught." When you say those words do they sound the same or different?



2 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

I've done this quiz before and i get a different result each time. The first question throws me off because now that I've been in Texas 15 years I mostly say cot and caught the same. But I remember when I used to say cot and cauwt with my jersey accent. :)

zydeco fish said...

Hey, that actually worked - it knew I am Canadian:

Canada. You probably get irritated when British people and Europeans think you're from the States, but over here we wouldn't make a mistake like that.