Sunday, April 01, 2007

Two years ago today

Wedding anniversaries are fun. Okay, so all two of them that we've had so far.

This year our anniversary fell on a Sunday so we went out last night. First we went to dinner at the restaurant where we had our reception. When I called to make a reservation, I was informed that we'd have to eat upstairs since the downstairs was booked. :) We had no problem with that at all and I was hoping to catch a bit of the dress and snag some cake. Okay, no cake. Well, maybe. Seriously, there is very little in this world that is better.

Dinner was delicious and long and fun. Even the wedding guests coming upstairs for supplemental liquor were mostly just entertaining. We had an open bar with all kinds of wines and beers and Champagne and other drinks and punch and since it's a standard thing, the wedding last night would have had the same. So really, you need to go buy a harder drink instead of getting drunk like some friends of mine did on the free stuff? ;) One man who appeared to be in his mid- to late-30's came up and yelled (in a small, intimate, candle-lit dining room with live piano), "SHOTS!" Um, not that kind of establishment.

When it came time for dessert, I asked about the Italian cream cake they make for weddings. I had been unable to find a local bakery that made it that way with Amaretto-soaked spongecake, toasted slivered almonds, and buttercream frosting. Our waiter said that they'd be happy to make it for a larger party with only a few day's advance request. Woo-hoo! Do I have a birthday coming up? :) After dessert, we spent the night in a decadent hotel downtown, complete with BYOChampagne. (fade out)

This morning we got up early, surveyed the dismal Continental breakfast offerings and decided to go to la Madeleine for breakfast. Oh, and go home and brush our teeth (forgot a brush and paste) and let the dog out. Breakfast was delicious as always. After that we went to Mass and I tried my best to neither pass out nor fall asleep. Somehow once again I was sitting in the front row of the sopranos, which means everyone can see me and it would not do to fall down in front of everyone. After church, we went to lunch with Rob, Anne Marie, and a passed-out Kaitlyn. After that I came home and passed out for a few hours. And woke up to no power. Our whole street was out for a few hours. No a/c, no lights, no internet. Argh! It took a few hours to get everything working again. Now we're lazing about and watching our PBS shows.

I talked about our wedding a good bit a few weeks ago, so here are a few fun photos. What a fabulous day. And what a great year this has been.

Dancing

All of our friends and loved ones who were able to be there that day

Vows


And just in case you've forgotten what a media whore I am, the local newsmedia covered our wedding. Okay, they were just there to get pictures for their stories on Pope John Paul II's impending death , which happened the next day. Since we had looked forward to singing for him the next week in Rome, we were saddened. Obviously, we were glad that he was at peace, but selfishly sad.

4 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Happy Happy day to you!

And why do I not have copies of those pictures that I'm in? :) I have exactly three pictures from your wedding.

dmd said...

Happy Anniversary! I fall more and more in love with your dress everytime I see a new pic of it.

Zolafan said...

geez, I'm a moron - completely forgot to wish you guys Happy Anniversary!! when I saw you this morning. Best wishes, as always, to a perfectly lovely couple...

Loni said...

Happy belated Anniversary! I am so glad it was good. :)