Tuesday, May 08, 2007

One of those days

In addition to the depression I'm struggling with...

Last night, The Poo Devil and his evil sidekick, Exlaxius, attacked me. Look at them, looking all cute and innocent:
(Piglet and Dolly's super-hero alter egos: The Poo Devil and Exlaxius--not pictured, Sir Seymour Poo, aka Eeyore)

Yeah right. I took a bunch of Dolly Kryptonite and after a while I was able to fall asleep. I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been run over by a train. Kind of like this:
When Ryan dropped me off, he told me to call him if I needed him to take me home early. I thought I might actually take him up on the offer. My schedule is such that if I skip any meetings during my planning periods and I find someone to watch my last class, I can leave at lunchtime. My next door neighbor has a similar schedule so we often watch the other's last class.

I struggled through my morning classes, set everything up for tomorrow (previously planned personal day), set everything up for my last class (books and stuff for them to use in another teacher's class), and waited for Ryan to come pick me up. While I was waiting, I tried to track down a copy of a certain novel. I was on the phone when we were in the car and at the last possible moment, one store said they didn't have it. Ryan ducked into another lane and we went towards another store. All the while, Ryan's eyeballs are turning yellow, he had to pee so badly. (Is Piglet writing this?) About 2 minutes from the store I got the answer that they had the book and they would hold it for me. Yahoo!

About 2 minutes later, we arrived and we went into the store and I went to the front. They didn't have the book at the front, but that wasn't a surprise since they would have had to run downstairs with it. They asked around and paged a few people. No dice. Argh! While I was waiting, I decided to see if I could find it lying around somewhere. As I was looking at the New Arrivals table, some old dude asked me if I knew where some book was. I had both arms wrapped completely around my belly and my face was scrunched up and I was walking gingerly. I just said, "no," hoping that he would leave me alone. No dice. He asked me where something else was. I was like, I don't work here. He pointed to my stupid badge and lanyard and keys and highlighters and all the other crap I wear around my neck (oh, and the pin drive). In fact, he grabbed and looked at it. He said something like, "that was nice how you just said no without any explanation." I just gave him the look of death and walked away. I mean, did he really just touch me?!? If I'd been feeling better I might have given him a piece of my mind.

Anyway, turns out the book was indeed on hold for me. At another store. I guess in my "state", I called the wrong store. Argh! They were pretty pissy with me, although I was probably feeling a little sensitive. After that, Ryan drove me home and dropped me off. I got in bed and slept until he woke me up 4 hours later. Guess I really was sick. He went and got "rositerre" chicken and bread and butter which was the perfect dinner since my system is still unhappy, but starting to grumble from lack of food. Things are calm now and I'm about to go to bed again.

P.S. Piglet would like to say hello:




As a public service, he would like you to know that if you're ever traveling, near a computer and in need of a bathroom, check out this bathroom finder!

5 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Yuck. I hope you feel better.

Are you looking for that book because of manic mom? I was thinking about getting it too.

And that bathroom finder says there are no bathrooms in my zip code. What's up with that?

Julie said...

Sorry you're feeling bad, that sucks:(

That site is awesome! Of course, usually when you need a bathroom, you don't have your computer, but it's still cool.

Lawfrog said...

Sucks to be that sick. Hope you are feeling better now. {sending get well vibes through the bandwidth}.

Manic Mom said...

Hey Manic here. Got your comment over at my site. I hope you are doing OK? Mentally and physically. I haven't been through your archives, so I'm not sure what's happening with you, but I do hope you're alright.

Also, if you don't mind, I want to send this link to my friend, Allison, author of The Dept of Lost and Found. She will be thrilled about your journey to find her novel, and I'm sorry it took you through such troubles including a whacko guy at the store to find it!
Steph

Kate said...

Thanks so much, all! It really helps.

Manic, please do send the link to Allison. I hope it makes her feel loved to know someone was running all over town trying to get her book. I'm still not done reading it yet because of grading and all that end of year crap. I am enjoying it!