Friday, May 25, 2007

School's Out for Summer!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I made it through year #3. Arguably the hardest one yet. And it's over. I am still moderatly sane, employed, not incarcerated... They gave us lunch. Gigantor baked potatoes that were as big as your head with all the fixins and salad. Somewhat disappointing, especially in light of the fabulous Pappa's ones we ate yesterday. After finishing cleaning my room and turning in all my stuff and getting my check out sheet signed, I met a bunch of people over at Cafe Adobe. I had a margarita and talked and yukked it up with everyone. Damn, it felt good.

After only one margarita, I went home and showered and put on a little dress and Ryan and I went out for sushi. I thanked him for all of his support. I really couldn't do it without him taking care of me, making me meals and driving me and encouraging me to go work out, etc. In addition to some delicious sushi, I had two appletinis. (Manic Mom would be so proud)

On our way home we stopped by Kroger to buy some shampoo for the dog since she has gotten a little too friendly with the fleas. When we got home, we took her out on the deck and lathered and scrubbed the heck out of her. She hates baths more than anything in the world, although she loves the toweling off at the end. Loves it. Ryan let me do the honors, which is always fun. And then there were some treats. Some dental chews, but she doesn't care. She thinks anything like that is candy. Now, she has been a little overfed, doped up with some Wal-a-dryl and fed some treats. Once her bed is washed and ready she's going to be sleeping for a week. Coma Time!

As I am tipsy, I will end this post. I am so, so, so glad to be done with this year. It nearly killed me. I nearly killed some of the kids. I really, really, really wanted to quit. And I made it. I also got tons of "coodos" as our dept. head says. I got tons of compliments from the results we got (awesome) to the fact that I didn't quit after dealing with three classes chock full of some of the worst kids in the school. Yay me! And yay everyone who helped me. One of the coaches sat in the back of the room during one class for about two months. Poor man probably thought he was going to die of boredom. But I also tutored one of his football players for hours and hours this past year.

Past year. It's over. I might cry a little. Well, a little more. I have a six day weekend and I can't wait! We're going to do our Saturday ritual of exercise and breakfast and then repeat it on Monday. Summer school starts with a workday next Friday, but that's another week from now. I'll think about it later. Now I am resting. HOORAY!!

3 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

You're not so tipsy that you type like Manic Mom yet though. :) I love reading her drunk posts.

Grant-Will-Rant said...

Congrats on making it through another year! Now enjoy this week!!

Oliver said...

Good on you. You are a rockstar. You are so full of cool, you poop awesome! You know, or something...