Monday, May 21, 2007

Weight loss milestone

New undies. Smaller undies. I went to Target today and even though I was feeling bloated and I could barely wriggle into a medium-sized swimsuit (so cute!), I didn't let it get me down. Too much.

(it's hard to tell from the picture--the contrasting trim is spring green/yellow.) It was a bad scene with my blub hanging out of the back, ugh. I'll go back in a few days and it will be perfect. That's what I'm telling myself.

I bought some new underpants since I recently purged all kinds of things from our closet, including panties that are gray, holey, and/or have elastic that is shot. Oh, and granny panties, a la Bridget Jones.


I am focusing on my firm little bum and not how my cups no longer runneth over. Ah well, the flab on my back no longer runneth over, either, so that's a plus. Speaking of pluses, it's much easier to wave a wand and make a Miracle happen than to make your large posterior and hips fit into all your fabulous dresses. I say this from experience. I tell you, it's been like a shopping spree in my closet lately.

Something else I've discovered recently: undies for those of us who are, um, smaller, can be found in the teeny-bopper section. Super cute and tending towards cotton and bright colors. And I have to push past all the really tiny sizes so it makes me feel grown up and busty. No, I haven't gotten over being completely flat-chested in jr. high and high school. Oh, also European undies. I have some I bought on my honeymoon that I will be able to wear. Soon. Of course, then I'll just have to walk around the house in my skivvies. Ryan will be so sad.

3 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Can I just say that I love the fact that you labeled this under "boobs"?

I hit a milestone today too. I bought a dress that's flat out sexy. And didn't feel like a cow, even with no bra on. It was glorious. You being the dress fiend you are, I can't wait to show you. :)

Manic Mom said...

You can wear cute undies and a sexy suit like that and YOU'RE DEPRESSED?!!?!?

Now you're depressing ME!!

(I hope it's not really as bad as it sounded over at Manic's cuz I don't want you to be in a bummed mood cuz I like ya!)

Kate said...

Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense to be depressed when my life really is quite lovely. I am medicated, under a doctor's care, under the care of close friends and family. And it's so sweet that you care, Manic. :)

Kel, I am so geeked about your dress. I can't wait to see it and your sexy self in it. You totally deserve it! Gosh, I can't wait for our girls' weekend!