Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy birthday to me! I am now thirty-three!

Just me and my dad (and yes, that's a bow in my hair)
I don't know how old I am in this pic, but my adorable mom is 25.
And quite possibly the cutest story ever is this pic with me and a dolly. My big sis was 3 and the first child, first grandchild on both sides of the family, basically, the first child born in THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. Wanting to ease her transition from that to having to share the spotlight, they gave her a dolly. She was concerned that "the baby" would be lonely, so you can see where the dolly stayed.

Anyway, looking at my baby self is somehow making me feel less rotten about getting older. Not that 33 is old. I kind of feel like I should have done more with my life by now. But wait! Cute baby pictures! Focus on those!!

8 comments:

dmd said...

I love your baby faux-hawk! I was chinese as a baby. Yeah, you read that correctly.

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Happy Birthday!! I meant all day to post something on my blog for you and I just didn't get to it. So sorry. I hope you had a wonderful day. And I LOVE those pictures!

Oliver said...

Accessorizing at such a young age. And how!

Happy birthday! :)

shoeaddict said...

Happy Birthday!!

Tim said...

Damn, I missed your birthday. I'm a git. Well, Happy Birthday, anyway...

Manic Mom said...

What a beautiful baby you were! It totally looks like you are smiling in both those pics with your parents!!!

Happy belated birthday. Heard you got a little "nutty!" hahahahah!
Manic Mom

Loni said...

!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

shoparound said...

Oh my goodness! I had and still have that doll! She's named Natalie and was my favorite doll ever. She's lost all her clothes and is all wobbly headed now. I still imagine her smelling like cake icing. Maybe I got her for my birthday? Happy belated! :)