Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Team Katie-Kat, Half-Marathon Group


You have been successfully registered for the following:

Registration: 2008 Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon & 5K Fun Run
Category: Aramco Houston Half Marathon - 13.1 Miles
Event Date: 01/13/08
Name: Katie-Kat


Yay me! I've been getting up early on Saturday mornings and all, but today was the first hill training. Basically, you jog over to the bayou and run up and down hills until you want to die. Okay, I wasn't really hating life until the very end. Well, the beginning was bad. It was 8 million degrees and so humid I should have worn goggles and a swim cap and all I could think was how much sweat was running off me just standing and waiting to get started. I did meet a few nice women who are in my group. I brought water but ran out towards the end and the last run up the hill, I got chills as I reached the top. Put a fork in me, I'm done. We all walked back. Everyone, not just us weenie slow half-marathoners. It's supposed to be a cool-down run. Ha! I didn't stay for the core workout.

Now I have rehydrated, showered, and just feel like I got run over by a train. But I am glad Ryan "strongly" encouraged me to go even though I was feeling like poo and was in a really, really horrifyingly bad mood. Angry and rage-filled for no reason. I am filled with nothing but fatigue now. And on that note, I am going to see if I can drag myself upstairs.

No comments: