Friday, July 06, 2007

Your Little Clothes Don't Fit Me

Ryan is finally seeing results from all of his fitness training, weight-loss efforts, etc. I saw them months ago, but you know how that is. So, in addition to going shopping in his closet, he's actually been getting some new clothes lately. He was in Banana Republic lately and found some dress shirts that actually fit him. He's very broad-chested with a relatively narrow waist. Triangle/Super-Man shaped is how I describe it. Well, although he likes their most of their styles, BR tends to cater to the much shorter, slimmer, less-athletic man.

So, a week or two ago he was in there trying on some shirts and the dude asked him how things turned out as he exited the fitting room. His response?



"Your little clothes don't fit me"





I am still laughing about that. I am so pleased that he's finally to the point where he sees the problem to be with the clothes and not his body. Also, since there is a moderate portion of their stock that actually does fit him, it's less frustrating.

7 comments:

shoeaddict said...

That's so funny! My husband, Luke, has very broad shoulders and is very muscular and thick. He's built like the football player that he was. BR is not a place that would fit him.

BTW, I LOVE that you have me twice. First and last. I see no reason to change it at all.

KatieBug (ksl) said...

That is greatness!

Kelli in the Mirror said...

I can just see him saying that. How fun for you both! Congrats!

Ann Marie said...

hahaha oh I miss Ryan's snide comments during choir!

Lainey-Paney said...

that's pretty funny.

:)

KatieBug (ksl) said...

My friend did your parenting survey. It is up at http://thadenpierce.org/?p=895.

shoeaddict said...

Emailed you... did you get it or was i big ole dork and send it to someone else