Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mister Magoo is a better driver than me

Yesterday, the PMDD (see Ryan's comment) continued. I took a corner too sharply and ran into/over a curb and bent the wheel rim. I managed to pull over and onto a side street. At least one car really, really, really tried to not let me. Thanks. Ah well. I made it safely and even had a People magazine to read while I waited for the "auto club" to send their technician.

The cute technician (AKA Ryan) showed up with his tools and his portable radio to listen to NPR. While he was working, I walked back around to the intersection where I ran into the curb to see if I could find the wheel cover. I was pleased to see that some kind soul had put it onto the island face up, very neatly. I really needed that bit of anonymous kindness.

Once Ryan was done (no permanent damage), I drove straight home and then we went to choir. I was supposed to go to a class but I blew it off. There was no way I was getting behind the wheel of a car again.

This morning my first memory is Ryan saying that it was 7 o'clock. It took me a while to figure out what that meant. Um, half an hour before school starts 10 miles away and through traffic, genius. I managed to get dressed and out of the door in time to make it to class before the tardy bell rang. Just. I even had my yogurt parfait. I was annoyed, but what can you do? I also appreciated the extra hour and a half of sleep.

I still feel like poo. Very shaky and dizzy. I am about ready for this to be over. I'm not really sure why it's so bad this month. Probably the stress of the new job or something like that. Or maybe I'm just coming down with something. My job is also very physically demanding and I'm having trouble sleeping.

No comments: