Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturdays are for Memes

Foodie

Kristen tagged me! I love a good Meme. Plus, Ryan is glued to the Sooner game. If you want to do it, tag! You're it!

1. How do you like your eggs? I didn't like eggs when I was younger and I still sometimes have moments. I like them scrambled or in a cheesy omelet. I also like them sunny side up, but only if they're runny. Gross, but true. Funny since almost all kinds of eggs used to make me gag. I would sit in front of a plate of them for hours as they got colder and more gross.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee with lots of milk and sugar, although I'm currently on the no/low-caffeine wagon. Hot tea with milk and sugar or honey.

3. Favorite breakfast food: Right now it's the yogurt parfait. I also love pancakes and fritters, although I haven't had those for years. Oh, and French toast. And regular toast slathered with butter or peanut butter. Or jam or marmalade. Omelets if I want eggs.

4. Peanut butter - smooth or crunchy? Smooth lowfat because Ryan likes it. Natural crunchy if I was choosing just for me.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? safflower oil and vinegar with the Good Seasonings Italian dressing spices packet.

6. Coke or Pepsi? Cherry Coke

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Glass of milk. Frozen pizza. PB&J.

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Make frozen pepperoni. Calling for delivery is more effort usually than I want to expend.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Chicken, rice, & broccoli or salad. We get marinated chicken breasts from Central Market and they're so delicious!

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Gingerbread (the stuff that's like cake, although I'm a fan of the cookies also), roast beef, creamed eggs on toast (there's a long story to that one, although the short version is we didn't have much of anything else to eat so it was a really big deal and it stuck with you a long time which helped when you got hungry and there wasn't any more food in the house), sugar cookies with buttercream frosting.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? How about spaghetti with ground mutton in the sauce? Thinking of the smell makes me want to gag even now.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Tons!
Apple fritters/creamed eggs on toast: Dad
Gingerbread: Mom
Sausage: Grandpa T.
Water chestnuts: bff's mom
"auto tires" (tuna salad in whole wheat pita bread with pretzels): bff

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? veal. Darn advertising in Time magazine when I was a kid. I even tried once in college and started choking. Weird since I like every other kind of meat and I don't think twice about how it was treated.

12. What was your favorite food as a child? tomatoes

13. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? spinach

14. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? Not that I can think of. I like food.

15. Favorite fruit and vegetable: tomato (counts as both?) apples run a close second. I'm a Michigan girl!

16. Favorite junk food: Cheetos!

17. Favorite between meal snack: baby carrots, pickles, M&Ms, chocolate chips, but Clif tea cakes are my latest snack food

18. Do you have any weird food habits? I think I've mentioned how I'll drink the extra salad dressing out of my salad bowl when I'm done. I don't do it in public, though.

19. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? carrots and (raw) spinach & tomato salads

20 . You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? cheesecake, cupcakes

21. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? medium

22. Can I get you a drink? I've been turning down alcohol lately, but if I don't, I love mojitos and gin and tonic (it's kind of sweet! who knew?), margaritas, and my own drink, Persephone Punch (pomegranate Italian soda and vodka is the latest recipe). The king of drinks is milk. Lowfat, high protein, high calcium. And I can just get a glass and pour it in, no cooking. I drink lots of water also and I prefer it to be filtered or sparkling. I also prefer the frost blue or berry Rain Gatorade. I have cut back on the sodas (harder than alcohol, incidentally), but if I'm off the wagon it's root beer that I love. And ginger ale/Vernor's.

23. Red or White Wine? Red, usually. I also do like pinot grigio.

24. Favorite dessert? chocolate. chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, plain chocolate chip, chocolate ice cream/gelato/sorbet. And it gets even better with mint.

25. The perfect nightcap? Milk and dark chocolate M&Ms

No comments: