Friday, November 16, 2007

The incredible shrinking bum!

Let me crow here for a moment. This morning I mentioned to Ryan that I don't really have any cold(er) weather running clothes so he got me a short-sleeved shirt (a lot more than the little sleeveless singlets I have) and a long-sleeved one and two pairs of tempo shorts that we on sale. In a size M. As in, one size smaller than I used to need. Hurrah! Plus, he won the Fabulous Husband Award for shopping for me and telling everyone about how I've been shrinking.

YAY!

And the new diet can't do anything but help. Do you know what contains soy?

EVERYTHING!

Currently I'm not even allowed to eat anything with soybean oil or soy lecithin. Look at some of the labels on your food and see what's left. Kind of depressing, but I'm trying to focus on what I can still have. And how good those new Lucky Brand Jeans are going to look. My current new pair are already loose. Hurrah!

Oh, and how am I doing this? Other than the meds that help me not stick my face in a bag of chips? Running and swimming. I'm running 11.5 miles tomorrow.

11.5 miles

I am terrified. Plus, we start running at 5, so I have to get up early, early, early. I hate that part, but I love the feeling I get afterward. I have such an amazing sense of accomplishment. And also going to La Madeleine and having eggs and croissants and sometimes lemon madeleines. Eggs and croissants are totally still on my list. We'll see about the decadent hot chocolate with mint and whipped cream.

5 comments:

Tim said...

Yeah, it's frightening how much soy we eat. Especially since it's full of oestrogen.

shoeaddict said...

You are my hero

K in the Mirror said...

You are OH SO VERY inspiring. I really need to live next door and do these things with you.

Loni said...

so proud of you!!1

Oliver said...

Damn. That's a lot of miles. I'm ramping up for a 5k. Seriously. Like, three miles. And it's HARD. You shame me. (Which is to say, good on you!)