Saturday, November 24, 2007

That's MRS. Giant to you, buddy

Our friend Jeff forwarded these pictures that he took of us singing in Eastern Europe. My first thought was, hmm, which church/city was this? St. Mary's Church, Krakow, Oct. 31, 2007.

It was so cold the piano was going out of tune more and more as the concert progressed. And my breath was fogging up my glasses. More on that eventually. I do still promise to post some of our pictures.

But, the original point of this post? Check out the 2nd picture:

Who is that giant? ME. Granted, I'm standing next to Maggie, Delia, and Kimberly who are all adorable and petite and Ann Marie to my left is not that much smaller than I am and Sister Mary Margaret to her left is actually taller than I am, I think. But that's if you examine the picture really closely. Otherwise, all you can see is THE 50 FT. WOMAN.

Ryan's loving and supportive comment? Sound effects and hand motions a la Tyrannosaurus Rex. Of course, one could point out that he looks to be about a foot taller than the guy to his right. I think he was actually standing on a step lower than Ryan. All the ladies were standing on the floor, so I have no such excuse.

6 comments:

shoeaddict said...

Ha! The only ppl who stand out are you, Ryan and Mr Bearded guy!

Kate said...

You mean Father Time? ;)

K in the Mirror said...

Actually, the guy who catches my eye most is the one wearing the big potted plant on his head. I didn't even notice you at first.

Zolafan said...

"guy wearing big potted plant," hahaha - I'm sure Jeff has already shown Rob that pic w/him sporting the Harpo Marx look...

I'm not sure if it was at that concert or some other mass on the trip where your dear hubby complained afterward about being stuck behind your giant head and not being able to see Jim...

Lainey-Paney said...

I agree w/ K in the mirror. The guy looks like he's wearing a potted plant for a hat. He's the funny one in the pic!

Oliver said...

I'm so glad you said that because the first thing I thought was, "Oh crap, Daryl Hannah is attacking again!"