Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper except for oddly shaped presents. I tend to give mostly books, so paper is easiest.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. After the years when we were too depressed to do any tree, Ryan bought a "clarence" artificial tree and we totally fell in love with it and doubt we'll go back to the real kind. I miss the smell, but that's why there are stinky candles and I'm not allergic to those.

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we get around to it. Maybe this weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years/before I go back to school

5. Do you like eggnog? I like the taste, but it makes me sick

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Too many to count. A few LEGO sets stand out, like the truck depot. All these garages and such.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. About six. The Playmobil one has become our prominent one.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Boys in the family?

9. Easiest person to buy for? Anyone with a wish list. Even if I don't get something off the wish list, it helps with ideas.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Even "bad" gifts are always well-intentioned so it's hard to say anything mean. And no one who reads this blog has ever gotten me something "bad."

11. Mail or email Christmas card? This is about the only thing I won't email. This is my first year to do it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I buy sale Christmas stuff in January and save it till the next year. So really I never stop Christmas shopping. The hard part is remembering where I squirreled everything away.

14. Have you ever recycled/re gifted a Christmas present? Given away, but not as a gift, for sure. Maybe regifted for an office gift exchange or something like that.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate, frosted sugar cookies with colored sugar and red hots...

16. Favorite Christmas song? All I Want for Christmas Is You

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. We get home from Midnight Mass at around 2, so going anywhere is a big pain in the bum. My family gets together before the actual day usually, and we don't ever do it with Ryan's fam since we see them for Thanksgiving when we go.

18. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Yes.

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One Christmas eve and all the rest on Christmas morning.

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Commercials--your friends and family love you even if they don't spend 3million dollars on you.

21. Best thing about Christmas? Singing with Ryan. Spending the day lying around enjoying each other and good food.

21 . Favorite ornament theme or color? silver. Although Christmas is the one time of year I let my craptastic, junky, Sanford and Son decorating style out. At least a little bit.

22. What, do you want for Christmas this year? Books, breadmaker so I can bake my own soy-free bread all the time without fighting with the oven, a nice kitchen apron, soy lecithin-free chocolate, dresses...

23. Angel or Star on top of tree? I am on the hunt for an angel like we had growing up. We always thought it was one of the ones (or based on, obviously) the Metropolitan Museum of Art's tree, but turns out it came from Marshall Field's. This is the closest I've found. Right now we have a metal star from IKEA that Ryan spray-painted white, so our tree looks like the Kremlin.

24. What do/did you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk, I think, although we quit doing it when I was about 5.