Friday, December 28, 2007

House Meme-Updated

Stole this from Shoeaddict.

1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Ivory liquid for me and Every Man Jack liquid for Ryan
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No. We're not big watermelon fans here.
3. What would you change about your living room? We have our eyes on some corner bookshelf units from IKEA. More of the Billy series that we already have
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Dirty
5. What is in your fridge? apples, lemons, limes, whipping cream left over from christmas, fresh green beans, about 5 slices of lunch meat, various condiments... it's pretty empty.
6. White or wheat bread? Whole wheat with nuts and berries for Ryan. I'm still doing no soy at home, so whole wheat from Central Market is safe.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? pizza peel, marble board

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? white with black drawings of various cities

9. How many plants are in your home? One pointsettia from a parent. All the other plants are outside
10. Is your bed made right now? No. After Sweaty McSweatykins gets out, I pull the sheets back to air them out. I'll straighten it later today at some point when I go up to use the bathroom of something
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Neither. I'm the queen of sprays now, although I suspect that once we start TTC I'll switch back to less noxious products
12. Is your closet organized? Here's the thing: yes. One of the curtain rods fell down a few weeks ago so we fixed it and braced it and organized and got rid of all kinds of things that don't fit anymore. Oh, and found things we'd forgotten that we had.
13. Can you describe your flashlight? We have a black and a purple large Maglite. Plus some big rubber sided ones in our emergency kit. And various headlamps for Ryan's projects...
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Glass unless I'm trying to really, really hydrate in which case I'll use one of our big plastic cups. And a straw. Because I'm 5
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? I'm a transplanted Yankee and my Okie husband isn't into iced tea, even though his family is. He tends to drink water or milk
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? It's pretty organized as well, although it needs some work. The bags of donation items are getting kind of out of control
17. Curtains or blinds? Mostly 2-inch wooden blinds. We have dreadful white plastic miniblinds and yawn-colored silk curtains in our bedroom.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? one under my head and one between my knees. 6 under my head if I had my druthers
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? we fall asleep to the TV, but once it goes to "sleep" it's dark. Well, as dark as our neighborhood ever gets
20. How often do you vacuum? Vacuum? What's that? Seriously, I want a Roomba.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? a little battery powered one. It works much better than the Sonicare that Ryan uses
22. What color is your toothbrush? white
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? No.
24. What is in your oven right now? pizza stone
25. Is there anything under your bed? dust bunny farm, mechanism for the sleep number bed, heating pad
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Folding laundry
27. What retro items are in your home? Our house is only 6 years old, so other than a few antiques the only retro things we have are my dresses
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Not really--the landing at the top of the stairs is used as an office. It's very efficient when it's clean
29. How many mirrors are in your home? Five (2 in master bath, one downstairs, pub mirror on entryway wall, one above dresser). We have a really old one downstairs that doesn't have a home right now
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? not intentionally
31. What color are your walls? Benjamin Moore celery salt and kittery point, Behr cornflower blue and ocean dream. And the last of the baby-poop brown will be transformed to soothing ocean dream TODAY! Oh, and the downstairs bathroom is spring green
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Tilly
33. What does your home smell like right now? I shudder to think. Honestly, probably coffee.
34. Favorite candle scent? Lilac, pine
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? kosher dill pickles and dill pickle relish (Smiley)
36. What color is your favorite Bible? White-family Bible-wedding gift from Fr. Tom Mailloux
37. Ever been on your roof? No, but I would like to see what's up there. Ryan says there's no access right now, but Google earth shows that it's flat, so...
38. Do you own a stereo? I know it's one-flesh and all, but I still consider the stereo to be Ryan's
39. How many TVs do you have? Three! Although in my defense, their combined age is about 45.
40. How many house phones? None point none
41. Do you have a housekeeper? I would love to, I just don't want to deal with a stranger in my home
42. What style do you decorate in? Contemporary? A little softer than modern. Bright colors and straight lines. But lots of comfy pillows. And we have a mixture of IKEA and antiques from our families.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? For the most part. I prefer texture to patterns.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? One on each floor, plus a CO monitor outside our bedroom. They're wired into the alarm system.
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? Tilly, MacBook, wedding photo negatives, Piglet

7 comments:

K in the Mirror said...

I love this meme. I love your shower curtain!

Zolafan said...

"yawn-colored silk curtains"? perhaps you meant yarn-colored. And obviously not to be confused w/a "technicolor yawn." :)

Shoeaddict said...

-Jack-liquid?
-I love watermelon
-pizza peel?
-Love the shower curtain
-why don't you sleep with as many pillows as you want?

Kate said...

shoeaddict-I updated with a link to the Every Man Jack liquid soap. You can get it at Target. Nice scent-somewhere between Metrosexual and Old Spice. And a pic of a pizza peel.

I don't sleep with more pillows b/c Ryan would mock me. And my neck would hurt if I actually slept on 6 pillows on a regular basis

zolafan-I did mean yawn, as in boring beige. lots of people like that color, so I shouldn't be rude.

Lainey-Paney said...

...ah, you have a sleep number bed.

I'm jealous.
jealous.

me: green w/ envy.
i want one.

Lawfrog said...

That shower curtain is fantastic. Where did you get it?? Also, what is the blue color in your bedroom? I am SO painting my craft room in that color.

Kate said...

Lawfrog- I put a link on the picture of the shower curtain. It's from Bed Bath & Beyond. We registered for it and Ryan fought me because he thought it was dumb, but now he likes it.

Our bedroom is actually 2 colors. The bottom color is Behr Cornflower. If that's too dark, the top color is Behr Ocean Dream. We just painted our guest room the second (lighter) color. I think either one would be great for a craft room. They're soothing and energizing as well. Also, they are in the periwinkle family--sometimes they look a little purple.