Thursday, December 13, 2007

Macbeth Test

Question: What was Lady Macbeth's plan to get rid of Duncan?

Answer: They will knock out the two servants and then they will "shank Duncan San Quentin style" and when authorities arrive the two servants will be accused of the crime.
[Quotation marks not mine]



Essay question asking whether people are more or less interested in the future than in Shakespeare's time

Answer: People are still very fascinated with the future. With new technology many people believe we may eventually be able to travel through time. I would love to see myself in the future. I would see how my life turned out, if I made bad decisions, who I married, what I look like and just how I've changed overall. The only disadvantages would be the evil robots, global warming, and the rip in the space-time continuum caused by space travel.

Ah yes, those pesky evil robots of the future...

7 comments:

shoeaddict said...

Oh my, I do worry about the evil robots.

What do you say? How do you grade that?

Kate said...

Well, the robot kid didn't completely answer the question, but the shank-em-San-Quentin-style kid totally got the idea and got full credit. The king got stabbed with daggers, sounds like shanking to me :)

Tim said...

Dude, can I use that quote in my version of MacBeth that I'm gonna write some day? Cause that line definitely needs to be in a modern version of MacBeth.

K in the Mirror said...

That is so very great.

I have not read MacBeth. I suppose I ought to.

Lawfrog said...

LOL! Love those. Amazing what kids think up when they don't really know the answers.

Kate said...

Macbeth's a good one--action packed. And if he hasn't seen it, I'll bet your hubby would love the 1971 version. Dark and gory and the text makes lots of sense. And Lady Macbeth is hotttt. And nekkid when she does her "out damn spot, out" speech.

Kate said...

Tim, I'll ask the kid. He's awesome. :) Currently designs clothes and is going to be a lawyer.