Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sometimes when I get stressed out

I chew on the inside of my lip. Nibble, then chew, then tear until there's nothing left and it's all gross and past bleeding (until I eat an apple or brush my teeth). I'm to the point where I'm far past anything fleshy enough to tear off, so now I find myself pressing it against my teeth, sometimes even with my fingers. WTH? I suppose there are worse things. I did swim for 20 minutes today and then sat in the hot tub for about 10 minutes and I felt a little more human and refrained from coming home and killing my husband for having the unmitigated gall to not return my calls and texts while he was swimming at another club across town. Sigh. I did tell a few students who were messing with me (teasing) that I forgot to wear my "I'm off my meds" t-shirt. And then laughed because I wouldn't actually tell them. But, some of them need to tread carefully. I did just darkly tell them that this is NOT the week to come late to class and argue with me when I tell them to get a tardy permit. It's almost the end of the semester and I only have 120 more dreadful final exam essays to grade (they take them this week and then the multiple choice part of their final is next week). DREADFUL. My favorite are the ones that are actually fairly interesting and well-written, but unfortunately, do not actually ANSWER THE QUESTION. ARGH!

3 comments:

zydeco fish said...

OK, so the first part of your post grossed me out. That sounds painful...

shoeaddict said...

I do the same thing! I have for forever my mom says. I used to pick at my lips but, I don't do that anymore.

I pick at my fingers, cuticles, though.

Kate said...

ZF, just be glad I didn't post a picture. It's ugly. And it does hurt. A lot. I spent less time today rubbing it against my teeth.

Shoe, glad I'm not the only one. I also used to pick at my lips when they were chapped, but that doesn't happen as much anymore.