Friday, January 18, 2008

C'mon, everybody's doing it!

Manic Mom extended her blood donation contest until Valentine's Day! And tomorrow, I am taking Ryan to donate some of his blood. He doesn't mind it, he just hates how they call him incessantly. So, I said he can give them my phone number. He doesn't yet know that he's also going to have to have his picture taken while doing it. One step at a time...

And since Manic posted about us doing it and Mr. Manic doing it, the trend is catching on. So, if you can't donate, is there a friend or family member who you can accompany? Maybe they'll even give you one of their peanut butter crackers or a Lorna Doone!


To learn more blood donation opportunities, visit:
www.givelife.org or
call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE (1-800-448-3543).


So, Zolafan, are you eligible now? :)

2 comments:

Zolafan said...

I thought I'd given around mid-Dec, but according to the Blood Center, it was 12/7, so will be eligible again on 2/1, well before Valentine's Day.

BTW, I never make appointments, I just show up at the main Blood Center location on LaConcha over by Reliant Stadium.

Kate said...

Thanks! We ended up going before his appointment because we were out. They said he would need one for platelets, but not whole blood. I'm glad he just did the whole blood.