Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Half Marathon Countdown!

It's that time...


Our entry confirmation cards came in the mail today! And Ryan got extra provisions.

Wednesday: Focus on hydration and rest
Thursday: Houston Fit Pasta Dinner
Friday/Saturday: Packet Pickup
Sunday: Half-Marathon (for me) and Marathon (for Ryan, his FOURTH!)

Of course, the weather is threatening to be HOT. As. Usual. Seriously, people, what happened to the cold front? Hopefully if it is warm, my MSU Spartan Nike Tempo shorts will arrive in time to wear!

And for all of you wanting to let your Inner Stalker free, I will post my bib number later this week so you can track my progress on the website or get text messages as I pass certain parts in the course. Or you can sleep in Sunday morning. I won't judge. I am a big fan of sleeping in. I'm already looking forward to a big fat nap Sunday afternoon.

3 comments:

zydeco fish said...

Well, good luck. I am hoping to run a 5km later this year, my first in more than 10 years.

Shoeaddict said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you. Also, very excited for the pasta meal that I may have Thursday to be supportive. Tell me exactly what it is so I can be like you.

LaskiGal said...

Noticed your post on another blog--Macbeth (and English teacher notices these things), heck, can't remember where now. Next, I learn you're a runner! I'm hoping to do my first half marathon this spring. I'm a teacher and track coach (on maternity leave), so I needed a goal (besides the one about changing my 1000 diaper). Great blog!