Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Li loves me, Li loves me not

I feel sick. Like I have the flu. Tired, achey, head-achey. Nauseated, although thankfully not vomiting, although other fun things. Any time I eat. Horrible cramps and then... Yesterday I ate no breakfast, ate my parfait for lunch and ate a chicken breast and some pasta for dinner at 4pm. I went to choir practice and was in bed by 9:30. I was so tired I wanted to cry so I called in sick for today. And then I lay shivering under two comforters (the one that used to be on the guest bed plus the regular one) even though the heat was on.
The pig says, "One comforter good. Two comforters better. One comforter good. Two comforters better. One comforter good. Two comforters better."

Oh, and I was also dreaming of Lay's potato chips. How they would taste and how they would feel on my tongue. I am a sad, sad, sad woman. I also probably have PMS. Ya think?

This morning the alarm went off at 5:30 and I turned it off. And then woke up again at almost 10! I went to get blood drawn to test for lithium levels and thyroid levels and some other stuff. They were really nice to me, although I got to watch part of BOTH Tyra and Montel on a static-y TV. There are few things I'd like to watch less than both of those. I tried to read my novel, but the words were swimming on the page so I read about three pages.

On my way home I contemplated stopping at Whataburger for a jr. meal (with salty fries) or Kroger. Kroger won and I bought some chips and also some lard-free tortillas and sparkling water with flavors to help settle my tummy and to mix it up a little. Drinking all this water can be a drag sometimes. Having to pee every 30 minutes gets to be a drag. Ah well.

I spent the rest of the afternoon web surfing and watching a movie on TV. Then I went over to hang with friends and eat dinner. Yummy chicken with tomato, olives, basil, etc. And a lovely chat. =)

I was so glad that I stayed home. I am starting to feel as bad as I did last night. I could barely hold my head up it hurt so much and I was so tired. It sucks, but I know it's worth it. Now I'm going to try to get some rest. I suspect that sleeping in this morning won't mean trouble sleeping tonight. I'm already sleepy.

Oh, and I feel a little less crabby right now. Granted, I interacted with all of 12 people today. Ask me tomorrow after I deal with 120 delightful teenagers.

Have I mentioned that this is worth it? Wish me a good sleep, a break from this nausea, and a good day tomorrow.

2 comments:

dmd said...

well, that sucks! So far, I've been healthy this school year, which is great considering the pneumonia and hallucinations event of last year. I think not being in the room o' black mold everyday has a lot to do with it, although I am sure there is some toxic life growing in one of Honel's old cabinets now.
And guess what! I'm going to be a God Mother :-)

Kate said...

Did they finally fix that ceiling? Ick, that room scared me.

Congrats on being a Godmother!!