Monday, February 11, 2008

Did you do a cool Canterbury Tales project?

Last semester, we read a few of the tales out loud, talked about them, and watched some claymation/animation videos that the school has. We also worked together on a list of the pilgrims and their characteristics and what they look like, etc. And then, each student had to give a presenation about a pilgrim from the perspective of the pilgrims and dress up and use props and the whole nine yards.

So, this semester... my trailer class... I could have them do the presentation thing again. Well, for the first time, but chances are they would just blow it off again. Plus, I would like to do something different. I heard of someone assigning them pilgrims and having them describe them and draw/color them. That sounds fun unless a kid isn't artistic. Do they just draw stick figures?

Did you do a neat project or did your teacher do something fun with you? I can definitely make the stories interesting because they're so rude and dirty, but all the other stuff? I need some help!

6 comments:

K in the Mirror said...

I never read the Canterbury Tales. Tragic, I know. I fell through the cracks with a lot of things when I transferred in. AP curriculum was set up differently in NJ.

And I would pee myself or cheat if I had an art project to do. I'm just sayin'.

Tim said...

We were forced to dress up as knights and we were assigned ladies and we had to make a coat of arms as a group. I have no clue what this has to do with anything other than the fact that my teacher insisted all the guys wear tights.

I was memorable.

But not in a good way.

Kelly said...

Grr! I remember we did a project, but I can't remember WHAT we did. I'm so helpful, aren't I?

Kate said...

K, I'm with you. Yes, it would be good for more artistic kids, but that's unfair to the kids who aren't.

Tim, that sounds truly horrifying. Last semester, my kids were supposed to dress up, but tights were not required. One kid wore long johns. I try not to think about it.

Becca in Texas said...

We did a Body mapping thing. Pretty cool. Get Kel to give you my email and I will send you some stuff on it.

Kate said...

Becca, I emailed Kel--thanks!!