Saturday, February 02, 2008

What I've Been Doing Today...

Besides the headache that comes and goes...

We walked the dog to Walgreen's and back. I was in search of cupcake papers and didn't feel like going all the way to Kroger. They had about 8 different kinds of coffee filters, but no cupcakes papers. It wasn't a waste, though because I bought Ryan a Diet Coke and we got to walk in the sunshine. Tilly immediately fell into a coma upon returning home. If I ever start running again, I'm going to take her because I feel so guilty that the only exercise she gets is running up and down the stairs.

We're going to a Super Bowl party tomorrow. I could care less about professional football, but I like the people who are there and I LOVE the food! Ryan made a huge vat of guacamole (tomatoes will be added tomorrow):


I made Devil's Food cupcakes... 2 boxes with extra large eggs... mix sifted and then mixed in the stand mixer... Chocolate buttercream frosting made with extra dark cocoa, butter, skim milk, Mexican vanilla, and confectioner's sugar.
I ran out of cupcake papers, so I made a few without any and then made some mini-cupackes, too. And there was extra frosting. Hmm... what shall we do with the leftover frosting?

3 comments:

AlaneM said...

Mmmmm, chocolate (sounds like Homer saying doughnuts)
Those look so yummy, I want one :)
Guess I'll just have to dip into the handy-dandy bag of oreos by my side. Bad me, bad, bad me!

Loni said...

EAT IT! Oh, sorry, that's me. Um, make more cupcakes? I hope you had a good time!

Kate said...

We still have the extra frosting in the fridge and I have not (yet) taken a spoon to it. Emphasis on the word YET.