Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why you put a lid on your sippy cup

I was experiencing breakfast fatigue and since my appetite is low, I thought something I could just sit and drink through a straw might help. So, this morning, Ryan made me a smoothie with yogurt, cherries, and skim milk. Delicious! I couldn't find the lid and I wanted to put a straw in it so I just wedged it onto the car seat. I knew that was stupid. I knew it.

I.
KNEW.
IT.

I used to teach physics. Badly. Obviously.

I was almost to work before I stopped at a light and my keys and pin drive slid and plopped right into the smoothie. I was all worried about it tumping over and instead something fell into it. I pulled the whole mess out and threw it onto the mat. So, now there was yogurt and fruit on:
-my computer bag
-my jacket
-the floor mat
-Ryan's handkerchief that I used to mop it all up

ARGH! I seriously considered turning around and going back home. It took me about a half hour to recover my equilibrium. Luckily, my classes are in the library and the librarian is entertaining them. I'm just crowd control.



P.S. Please feel free to laugh at me. Please. It will make me feel less pathetic if I'm at least entertaining.

3 comments:

zydeco fish said...

That was entertaining, but I am not going to laugh. Similar things have happened to me, so no laughing from me :-)

Zolafan said...

hahahaha!

or as our Spanish speakers post on the Dynamo boards,

jajajaja!

(you asked for it!)

Loni said...

Oh. I feel your pain. I once got myself a lidless Dr. Pepper in the car and before I even got out of the driveway, plop went the cell phone. I too, knew that it was a bad idea but I did it anyway. The good news is, I won't be doing it again. :)