Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thought for Holy Week

I've had trouble getting into the spirit of things this year. My throat is dry and scratchy and I'm getting grief because my singing isn't so hot because of it. I'm dizzy and scattered mentally. My music isn't organized and I'm trying to not focus on all of the details because that's not what it's about. But it's hard to let it go.

I keep coming back to this post I read last week. The first part made me cringe, but the second part had the real zinger. I am so focused on all of this from my own perspective. I definitely pray for my friends, but not so much for my not-friends-but-not-enemies, and certainly not my enemies. And mostly because it's something I don't even think about doing.

And thinking about "enemies" here and abroad, what about those closer to me? I choke when I try to be more charitable toward others, so praying for them? Not something I've considered. So, now that Lent is almost completely over, I found out something that truly means something to me.

No comments: