Friday, March 07, 2008

Someone spiked the punch at my pity party

It's making the pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey game more interesting, though.


Okay, enough kidding around. I still feel out of sorts. I am exhausted a lot. I struggle to stay awake at school and I sleep shallowly when I get home. I barely sleep 6 hours a night. It sucks.

My brain is still foggy and I have trouble remembering things. I have trouble speaking, too. That's hard as an English teacher since I read aloud a lot.

All of this is supposed to get better. My doc increased the dosage of my Lamictal to 300mg.

I also asked about babies. Obviously I need to wait until I am more stable. Relapse is a definite concern right now. Also, safety of medications. Many are safe after the first trimester, but what about before that? Also, assuming it takes a while to get pregnant, that's more than 3 months. And I do I want to choose between the safety of a baby and the safety of me. The doc is referring me to one who has experience with this. I figure I'll wait and see what she says.

In the meantime, I am having a little pity party for myself. Sometimes this really and truly sucks.

6 comments:

Lawfrog said...

It really does suck and sometimes it feels like it will never get better especially with the literal ups and downs of medications and adjustments to the dosages and such.

Hang in there!

AlaneM said...

Oh I so sorry Kate, that just stinks! You are in my prayers every night girl, feel free to e-mail me anytime if you need to vent or whatever.
Alane

Lainey-Paney said...

:(

Kalynne Pudner said...

Hey! I followed Alane's link (in which she asked you to identify Knowles' A SEPARATE PEACE, but I beat you to it). You like Iris Murdoch? I LOVE Iris Murdoch...METAPHYSICS AS A GUIDE TO MORALS and THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOODNESS, especially.

Okay, I'm putting off a paper I need to finish (probably like a lot of your students do), so ttfn. I hope you feel better soon. Nice to meet you!

"The Philosopher-Mom"

zydeco fish said...

6 hours of sleep doesn't sound like enough (I like 9 hours, sleep hog that I am ... ).

I hope things get better.

Loni said...

I have faith. It will get better!! You are in my prayers. Prayers of sleep for your body and rest for your soul.