Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Note to self...

Don't start watching an old spy movie that you've never seen before and have no idea what it's about (The Salzburg Connection) while on hold with the IRS.

The tinny Nutcracker music will distract you and then they will eventually answer the phone. And then put you on hold again. And again. And again.

You'll have to rewind the movie. Well, not exactly "rewind," but you will have to watch it again since the beginnings of movies are usually important.

Regarding the IRS, we should have our refund in a week or so. Huzzah! Granted it will go towards something exciting like a student loan, although I suppose that's a different kind of exciting.


P.S. I was on the phone for 40 minutes. FORTY minutes.

5 comments:

Loni said...

...but you're are getting your money AND paying down student loans. YEA!! :)

K in the Mirror said...

I have a feeling I may have to call them too. Still no refund over here either.
But huzzah for you!

zydeco fish said...

Yeah - refunds. I am expecting one too. I haven't seen that film, but now I am curious.

shoeaddict said...

I hate holding for people on the phone! We have not recieved our refund either.

Lainey-Paney said...

jealous, jealous, jealous that you're getting a refund.