Monday, April 14, 2008

The tax prep site is slow tonight

Hmmmm. I wonder why.


I can afford to be smug because I e-filed early this year. Well, early for us. As in, not driving to the central post office after dark on April 15th. It's kind of cool to do once, just for the experience of seeing the workers out as far as a few blocks away with their big baskets.

This year, however, I wanted to do it early so I wouldn't have to worry. Also, so our refund would get to us faster. We try not to get a huge refund, but we miscalculated last year and owed a lot and it freaked us out. But at least it's not a ginormous amount that could buy a decent used car or something. It's not even a down payment.

So, a few days early meant a weekend without worrying about having to do taxes.

2 comments:

zydeco fish said...

I wish I would do something ahead of time, for a change. We have to the end of April! And, I predict a refund :-) Refunds are good.

Lawfrog said...

Thank God for e-filing. Seriously, I include thanks for the internet in my prayers on a regular basis:)