Saturday, May 24, 2008

89 degrees. INDOORS.

It was a long day for Ryan. I just sat up in the office cleaning and sweltering. This is what he did...

Beginning...
...doors and screen out...
...sawing through the frame. I can't express how loud it is, but effective...
...very effective...
...and we'll take the leftovers to the scrapyard for some "cash and dollars"...
...check out those legs...


...Arrrrrrrrr....
...old frame out, new frame ready to go in...

...I went to church and then the grocery store and this is what I saw...
...notice the insulation that he added--it will help with energy costs...
...especially since it's closed up now....
...painting, trimming, pulling out the grills, etc. will start tomorrow...
Jesus reassures Piglet...

...unfortunately, Tilly was not so reassured. She hates the plastic partition and as fun as it is for us to crawl on our hands and knees under, she doesn't care for it. She has an auxiliary water bowl upstairs and she stayed with me most of the day. She also threw up today. Twice. Poor kid. Now that the partition is half down and the power tools are quiet, she's doing much better.

We're all better. And resting.

3 comments:

Julie said...

That picture of Jesus reassuring Piglet is AWWWWWWESOME! Cracked us up!

Mary said...

I totally cracked up at Jesus reassuring Piglet! My daughter has that very same Piglet. He's adorable! And he scares easily too.

The french doors look fantastic!

Alli said...

I nearly choked on myself when I saw Jesus reassuring piglet. SO FUNNY!! I think we have a very similar sense of humor.