Sunday, May 18, 2008

Write your own final exam essay...

Their final is 75% multiple choice and 25% essay. Combined, they're 25% of the semester grade. So... the essay is worth a whopping 6% of their semester average. Hard to get one's panties in a twist over.

So...

The essay is not going to be over content that we studied this semester. All the other classes already wrote theirs. Prompts were things like should marijuana be legalized, etc. I'm trying to come up with some that would require some thought, but that would be kind of fun and mainly be a chance for them to spend 50 minutes writing a good essay.

I'm taking suggestions!

5 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

What about the stuff that I just talked about- the homeschooling and same sex marriage rulings in CA? I don't know...

What did you think of the shoes on the blog? You didn't say anything about the clothes.

I think we will still see the new Indiana Jones movie, too.

Lainey-Paney said...

Here's something school related: up here in Dallas on the news, they were talking about putting GPS bracelets or anklets on kids who had a problem with truency. What about an essay about their opinion on THAT?

Kate said...

Shoe--those are great! I'll check back about the shoes and clothes.

Lainey--wow. I KNOW that I have some kids who would have very strong opinions about that!

You guys are awesome! Thanks!

Becca in Texas said...

My kids here in Allen will rant and rave for hours over cell phones. Are yours allowed to have them at school? If not have them write about why they should be allowed to have them.

Kate said...

Becca--you're totally right. Maybe I can use this one with my kids who skipped yesterday. Maybe I should have them argue why it's RIGHT that a school can regulate their phone usage. If I'm evil... But it would be more fun to read what they'd write about what they think.