Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bye-bye Bistro Vino

Bistro Vino, the lovely restaurant where we had our wedding reception closed this month. Ostensibly it was because of outrageous property taxes, but who knows what other factors may have gone into the decision to sell? It is a shame. A friend of ours suggested it for our reception and she added that later we could go there for dinner, birthdays, and other functions. We went once for our anniversary and once for my birthday. Once they made a tiny version of our wedding cake and it was heaven.

The wedding reception itself was everything we wanted. There was a fixed per person price for food and drinks and cakes and everything. We had a few choices and then they did everything else. I came in on the Monday before we were married (on Friday) and chose the food and the cakes. They took care of everything, including arranging everything. We hired a DJ, so everyone ate and danced and had a good time. We hope.





We'll miss you guys!


7 comments:

Alli said...

Aww. That's sad. It looks like a beautiful place. I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Loni said...

The place that DH took me to dinner the night he proposed has also long been closed. I still have a box of matches from there and so everytime I look at them I smile and think of the night. Not the same as going to the actual restaurant, but you can't take the memories away!

shoeaddict said...

Awww! @the closing and a different Awww @the pics.

Kate said...

Alli, it was kind of tucked away, even though it was right there on Alabama by St. Thomas.

Loni, I figure we were lucky to have even been able to go back at all, right? =)

Shoeaddict, thanks!

Zolafan said...

"...so everyone ate and danced and had a good time. We hope."

what? oh yeah, sure, no doubt.

;)

Kate said...

Okay, Zolafan. I was apparently in a slightly less than confident mood when I wrote this. =)

AlaneM said...

Oh how sad, it looks like a great place.
That cake looked divine!! (and you too :)