Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Snow Day!

Okay, not snow. Rain. Tropical Storm Edouard gave Ryan the day off. We're dry and cool at home. Luckily, it looks like the wind shouldn't be bad enough to knock the power out. No a/c would not be fun. We have enough food and water and all of that, should we need it. I recently rotated the food in our emergency kit in the closet under the first floor stairs. I even checked the first aid kits. Oh, and just because that all wasn't obsessive enough, all the food is low(er) fat and low sodium and as healthy as canned goods and dried fruit and nuts can be.

Now, we're watching TV and Ryan is working on the flooring project. I'm about to get out a book because there is nothing better than reading while it's raining.

6 comments:

AlaneM said...

Hi there.
Birthday cake? OMGosh that looks good!
Tilly? Third cutest dog ever. (sorry tilly, my gihli & my sisters ellie come in at 1st & 2nd for me.)
Ticket? ugh!!! Chris got one the other day...for speeding while passing a semi on his bike...girrrrr! He's contesting it, he was in a passing lane & the drivers manual from the state for cycle riding tells you to pass vehicles quickly while riding. We think the cop has a thing for ticketing bikers or something.

Kate said...

AlaneM- Chris' ticket sucks. It sounds like that cop might have it our for bikers, but also that he has a good chance of contesting it. Here if the cop doesn't show up to court they throw the ticket out. My cop friend suggested night court for that reason, although I didn't contest because I figured it was my turn and I'd already waited 2 hours. =)

Zolafan said...

Edouard, pffft!! I blow my nose in his general direction!

Kate said...

Yeah, it looks like we're going to track workout tonight. As long as there's no lightning. Right now we don't even have rain anymore.

Alli said...

Edouard. *rolling eyes* My dad and I joked about the leaf we might have to go clean up out of the yard because of all the wind we got. And you should have seen the sprinkle we got!

lol. Glad you both got a day off out of it, though!

shoeaddict said...

thought of you in the rain today...