Saturday, August 02, 2008

Worn smooth out

When Ryan started running this morning at 5:30AM it was 87°. And humid. I started running at 6. He ran 11 miles. I ran 7. My knees started to hurt again. I am beat. I had to drag him home after breakfast. We napped for about an hour. I didn't want to get up.

Ryan is working on the floor right now, but I'm going to make him stop for an early dinner and not let him start again. He already knows.

I know that my meds are doing the heavy lifting, but running really, really helps. My mood is better, I am physically more relaxed and I sleep better. All that is worth the pain.


Oh, and next week? 8 miles. Time to start using GU* and Sport Beans (Jelly Belly!) and all that.
*I still have the chocolate mint flavor from last year. It was the limited-edition holiday flavor. It tastes like eating melted Junior Mints!

No comments: