Friday, October 17, 2008

Five bright spots

I haven't been feeling so great lately, but I had a little bit of happiness on Wednesday. Ryan and I went to the club to go swimming. I wore my new swimsuit and we shared a lane to keep me away from all of the riff-raff. The chlorine was way too strong. I was coughing and wheezing, but it all felt good. And Ryan almost kicked me in the gut only once.

After a soak in the jacuzzi and a shower, we met upstairs near...


...The Scale


I got on. It went back and forth and landed on 160.0. It's been sitting at 165 for months.

Yay! I was feeling a little smaller lately on top. My bra straps were all falling down (of course, I'd lose it there) and my face looks thinner. It feels pretty good.

And here are some photos of this year (August 2008) and two years ago (August 2006). I didn't include the side view because my poochy tummy seems to be about the same. No change.


And now I'm never going to step on a scale again.

9 comments:

Loni said...

You are SO BRAVE to post pictures...but having said that you are also gorgeous!! Always have been IMHO.

All that hard work is paying off! You are healther and leaner, but not lovelier, cause you've always been so lovely! :)

You are also inspiring me to get back on that treadmill. Fear is a powerful drug...

Alli said...

You look HOT!! That's awesome! :) And good for you for posting those pictures! So many BEAUTIFUL women would not do that because they think they don't look "good enough". You are an inspiration.

Kate said...

Thanks, ladies! I only thought later that it might have been a little foolish to post pictures like that, but what the heck. This is how I look and I've worked really hard. I'm healthier. And I don't want to look back when I'm older and wish that I'd been happier with myself when I was younger.

Lawfrog said...

You look FANTASTIC!!! Great job. I can tell you've lost weight in the pics. So proud of you.

Mary said...

I'm hoping to look like you in mid 2009! I have some work to do to get there. I think I will take photos like yours for comparison later. Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

Thanks Lawfrog! You're always an inspiration to me. This is something that I do every day and it's about being healthy.

Mary, I loved the pictures! Okay, I HATED them at first. But when I looked at them 6 months later, I was really encouraged. And I think I look a whole lot better in the 2nd photos than thinking, I've lost 10 or 15 pounds.

zydeco fish said...

I agree that you are brave to post those photos. I could never do that.

shoeaddict said...

OH, you look great! I am so inspired by you and your pictures!! I don't even wanna post pics of me fully dressed.

That is so so amazing.

Lainey-Paney said...

you look great!

and yes, very brave!