Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Peer pressure

I should be finishing my PowerPoint for tomorrow. We're starting Macbeth! I'm really excited. Seriously. But not enough to be doing the presentation instead of a meme. My friends are such bad influences. Maybe I'll tell the kids tomorrow that someone stole it out of my locker--that excuse makes sense to them...

  1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says: "...they were sitting in the corner of the cafeteria, as far..." from Twilight. I'm on about page 25 and I'm hooked!
  2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first? Teacher's Edition for the Brit Lit textbook. It's about the size of a briefcase and twice as heavy. And yes, Twilight was on top. I guess this meme isn't the only thing keeping me from the PowerPoint.
  3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? SNL from this weekend on the DVR
  4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what time it is: 9:30
  5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time? 9:19
  6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? TV, dog snoring
  7. When did you last step outside? what were you doing? around 6:45, I went to choir practice, back at 8:45?
  8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at? Bally Total Fitness (changing out automatic debit)
  9. What are you wearing? Lucky jeans, Tulsa Marathon t-shirt, white sweatsocks
  10. Did you dream last night? Yes. Very elaborate dreams. I remember the ones from this morning when I should have been awake (alarm didn't go off)
  11. When did you last laugh? Justin Timberlake on SNL
  12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? pictures, pictures, pictures: family and friends, trips, vintage posters, mosaic crucifix
  13. Seen anything weird lately? No less than 3 women dressed as bumblebees in the marathon
  14. What do you think of this quiz? Fun!
  15. What is the last film you saw? Batman
  16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first? Tuition for a master's degree and a MINI Cooper Clubman to drive to classes
  17. Tell me something about you that I don't know: Seriously? There's something I haven't vomited out into the interweb? I doubt it.
  18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? End war--that would help a lot of other things
  19. Do you like to dance? Yes, and I've been told that I'm pretty good at it.
  20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? a boy? Antonia Susanna after my favorite author and friend--if you know me IRL, you will laugh at those initials, so no, I'm not serious, but I think those are cool names. Jonathan Stephen for a boy.
  21. Would you ever consider living abroad? This question is clearly here to taunt me. I would be SO THERE if they ever wanted Ryan overseas. Well, unless it was some horrifying compound in a war-torn nation like Kerplakistan.

5 comments:

kelli said...

Yay! You're getting sucked into Twilight! :) They're silly, but fun.

Junebug said...

i LOVED the Twilight series. and i LOVED JT on SNL. he is da bomb! (that's what my teenage son has taught me to say)

zydeco fish said...

MINI Cooper Clubman! That's such a girl car :-)

Mary said...

I haven't gone near the Twilight books yet, I'm reading Ethnic American Lit right now. I suppose since Edward is a vampire, he qualifies as "Ethnic".

Just guessing... but I'm thinking your last name would make little Antonia's initials spell a naughty term of endearment for "hiney".

Alli said...

Obviously, Stephen is a fave name of mine. ;) Jonathon was a name we were thinking about for this baby, but it's been crossed off the list of possibilities since a friend has it for her boy name.