Thursday, November 27, 2008

Three kinds of pie!

There are many things for which I am thankful. Many. I'm a little over-emotional now, so we can focus on food.

Dinner menu:
Turkey (brined and cooked on the grill's rotisserie)
Gravy
Dressing (made with country French bread, celery and onion)
Baked sweet potato
Mashed Yukon gold potatoes
Steamed fresh green beans
Cranberry dressing (the jelly kind in the can that you cut into slices)

And dessert? THREE kinds of pie. I got the 5" pecan and apple from Central Market and made the regular-sized pumpkin myself. About 20 minutes until we sit down to eat...

Do you all hear Cartman in your head? Pie!

7 comments:

kelli said...

ooh, I could not possibly eat this whole pie all by myself... oh wait, yes I can...

Gobbles!!

zydeco fish said...

In my younger days, I could probably eat a whole pie. My grandmother (aged 89) still can!

shoeaddict said...

Happy Thanksgiving :)
I hope you had a good one.

Mary said...

Mmmmmmm pie! And more pie! I love pie!

shoeaddict said...

I love pecan pie. I also like pumpkin stuff. We bought Target's brand of pumpkin muffin/bread mix and it was so very good. I really could've eaten all of them.

zolafan said...

haha! I got to taste test Kate's pie - she done good...

Lainey-Paney said...

yum.
hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving! with 3 kinds of pie, how could you not???